The Thyroid and Your Health
Time & Location
About the Event
Did you know that your thyroid produces a hormone which controls many activities in your body, including how fast you burn calories,how fast your heart beats and ohter critical functions. Diseases of the thyroid cause it to make either too much or too little of the hormone. Depending on how much or how little hormone your thyroid makes, you may often feel restless or tired, or you may lose or gain weight. Women are more likely than men to have thyroid diseases, especially right after pregnancy and after menopause.
Dr. Attar will educate us on the thyroid gland and answer our questions about our thyroid health such as:
- What is the thyroid gland & what does it do?
- What are symptoms of an underacting or overacting thyroid?
- What tests are done to detect hypo and hyperthyroidism?
- How is it treated?
- Pharmaceutical treatments / Surgery
- Natural treatments, diet, supplements
Dr. Attar is a Naturopathic Physician and an expert in diabetes & weight loss. He is currently practicing at the Connecticut Integrative Medical Center.
- The Thyroid and Your Health$15+$0.38 Service fee$15+$0.38 Service fee0$0